YouTube Picture-in-Picture mode is now available. Users are interested to know how to utilize this feature. This guide will show you how to use PiP on iOS.
YouTube is continually adding new features that make its application more user-friendly. YouTube Picture-in-Picture mode is a new feature that the Google-owned online video streaming site has just announced.
The community was intrigued by this release and has already taken it up. The community has been asking for answers to questions like “How to use YouTube picture-in-picture on iOS?” for quite some time.
This could be due to the fact that this feature wasn’t available for all iOS users. You can find a step-by-step guide here to enable YouTube Picture in Picture mode on iOS devices. Find out more about YouTube PiP mode.
How to use YouTube picture -in-picture mode with iOS
- Step 1: The users first need to go to YouTube using their browser.
- Step 2: Open the ‘New’ window to see all of the updates to the platform.
- Step 3: Now, you can search for the ‘Picture In-picture On iOS’ option from the menu and then click on it.
- Step 4: Sign in to YouTube.
- Step 5: Test the feature.
- Step 6: Simply play a video and hit the home button. To activate YouTube Picture-in–Picture mode, simply press the home key.
- Step 7: Video will continue to play in a small window.
YouTube announced that it has released its Picture-in-Picture mode on iOs devices. This feature was already available for Android devices so it was imperative to make it compatible with Apple devices. This feature has not yet been made available to the general public.
This update has been made available only to YouTube Premium subscribers. Google reports that this feature was released by developers as an experiment for YouTube Premium subscribers.
Background playback will be possible, so the content will continue to play even if the phone is locked. This feature could prove useful to Premium subscribers to YouTube Music. This experiment was ended according to an iOS page listing.